1.
I will take a rain check.我这次不去,下次再去。
A: How do you celebrate your Valentine's Day with your wife?
A: 你和你妻子将怎样过情人节?
B: I will take a rain check.
B: 我这次没什么活动,改天再说吧。
2.
You are not playing with full deck.你一副失魂落魄的样子。
A: What's up? You are not playing with full deck.
A: 你怎么了?一副失魂落魄的样子。
B: My wallet was stolen. My ID card, driver's license, employee's card are all in it.
B: 我的钱包被偷了。我的身份证、驾照、工作证都在里面。
3.
Cat got your tongue?你的舌头打结了吗?
A: How are you doing?
A: 你好吗?
B: En...Just...so so.
B: 嗯,一般般。
A: Cat got your tongue?
A: 你的舌头打结了吗?
4.
Egg in your beer?你想得寸进尺?
A: I'd like a pizza, a bottle of orange juice, an electronic toy, a...
A: 我要一份比萨饼、一瓶橘子汁、一个电动玩具、还要一个……
B: What do you want? Egg in your beer?
B: 你还想要什么?你还想得寸进尺?
5.
I have bats in my belfry.我的神经有点错乱。
A: I am so sorry to hear that you have to leave the company two days later.
A: 听说你两天后就得离开公司了,我很难过。
B: I don't know what I can do. Right now, I have bats in my belfry.
B: 我不知道该怎么办好,现在我有点神经错乱。
6.
Come over and chew the fat.要不过来一起闲聊?
A: How do we spend our holiday? Do you have any good ideas?
A: 我们怎么度假?你们有什么好主意?
B: Come over and chew the fat. We can enjoy to our hearts' content.
B: 要不过来一起闲聊?我们可以尽情地聊天。
7.
They were all said with tongue in cheek.他们说的那些话可不能当真。
A: I think John is the most suitable candidate for this election.
A: 在这次选举中我想约翰是最合适的人选。
B: Don't be fooled by his complimentary words. They were all said with tongue in cheek.
B: 别让他的恭维话给糊弄住,那些话可不能当真。
8.
Cheese it ! 快跑!
A: Hurry up, the cops are coming.
A: 快点,警察来了。
B: Deal, cheese it.
B: 搞定,快跑。
9.
What's the bottom line?结果是什么?
A: Terry, what's the bottom line?
A: 泰瑞,开会的结果是什么?
B: The outcome of the meeting is that this case has been passed.
B: 结果是这个案子已经通过了。
10.
He always likes to rain on my parade.他总是很扫兴。
A: I feel so excited that we will take a picnic. We should call May together.
A: 一想到要去野餐,好激动啊。我们把May也叫上。
B: No, don't you know? She always likes to rain on my parade.
B: 不要叫她,你不知道吗?她总是很扫兴。